Sunday, July 25, 2010

a weekend with nick

Vacation bible school is over. The kids had a great time and we are all still singing the songs. Wednesday night all three kids slept in Connor's bed. They were worn out!
Nick leaves tomorrow (Monday) for training at Ft. Leonard Wood, Missouri so we decided to pack up and head out of town for the weekend. Friday night we stayed in a hotel in Cleveland. The boys went swimming had a good time. Saturday morning, Parker went to gym class with Ella. It was a lot of fun. At first Parker didn't want to go until I told him there were balls there. It was cute to watch them play. After the class we headed to the Lake Erie to swim and play in the sand. We met Ellen and Christy with their kids. I haven't seen Ellen in 7 years! Minus the wind pelting the sand onto our bodies, we had a great time. After the beach, we headed to Joe and Erica's. We ate dinner with Chris and Karla. (and I somehow managed to go this entire day without my camera) This morning, we woke up and went to the Science Center to explore. Everyone had fun.
 
On the drive home, we decided to stop in Columbus to visit Tyler and Katie. I have never laughed so hard in my life at those kids. Parker and Janey are quite the pair.
                                           
I'm updating the blog while Nick is packing. It's hard to believe that it is time for him to go. In March, it seemed like it was so far away. Although I knew what was ahead and I signed up for all of this, it's still never easy to say good bye. The boys and I will stay busy the next couple of months. We have birthdays, the beginning of school, Halloween and Thanksgiving. If I think about anything more than a week in advance, it just becomes overwhelming. So for now, we will focus on the present.

Looking forward to a calm, uneventful week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.