Monday, May 24, 2010

finally, a weekend at home

Saturday, Josalyn had a soccer game at 7am. The only good thing about a game that early is the parking spot! Connor's friend, Jon, spent the night Friday night so the boys played their DS's in the van while I watched the game. (Side note: I hope to never become that parent that coaches from the sidelines...these kids are out on the field trying to play soccer, listen to their coaches and all the parents screaming their names telling them what to do! Whatever happened to just having fun?!)

After the soccer game, we headed to the Dayton Dragons baseball game. The boys had a good time and the weather was perfect.




Next, we headed to Jordan's graduation party. I always remember him from our wedding (he was in the 5th grade). It was nice to see some of Nick's aunt's and uncle's. Nick's mom is one of seven kids so that side of the family is large and spread out all over the place.

To add to the chaos, Nick and I decided to go out to dinner and celebrate his birthday along with some friends. We ate (a lot) at The Caroline and enjoyed the company.



Sunday was the last day for my Sunday School class. We decorated the church sidewalk in honor of the church's birthday. It was a beautiful morning. I have had a lot of fun teaching my class. After church, we held an open house so all of the children could show off the room and all of their work!


After a much needed trip to Lowe's, the boys decided they needed to cool off. I enjoyed watching them run around in the sprinkler. It's hard to believe that Connor is almost 5 years old. I thank God everyday for blessing me with such fun and loving children.


I wasn't tired enough, so I ended the evening with an 8 mile run. My goal was at least 10 miles but after about mile 5 with constant sweat dripping into my eyes, I decided that was enough!

Looking forward to another busy week...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.