Monday, December 5, 2011

fa la la la la....

Friday evening after my work Christmas party I packed up the van and kids and we headed to Columbus. Josalyn, Katie, Nana, Papa and I ran the Jingle Bell 5K on Saturday morning. It was perfect weather for running.
After the race we ate a big breakfast and hung out with the Zvolanek's for the afternoon. Katie and Connor went to get more Christmas lights while I played outside with Josalyn, Parker and Janey. It was a perfect day. After hanging Christmas lights we bundled up and headed to the Zoo Lights where we met Erica, Jackson, Cooper and Barb.

I didn't realize that Jack Hannah would be there that evening. It was packed. We got there at 6pm and we parked in the very last row of the parking lot. When we left at 9pm, there will still people coming into the zoo. I hope to go again before Christmas and maybe on a day that won't be as crowded!

Sunday we woke up and went to church. After church Kass came over to watch the boys so I could go run. My plan was 22. It was raining and windy when I left. 10 miles in it was raining heavier and the wind was still strong. I ran 6 more before calling it quits. I knew it was a sign when I went in to use the restroom and the rain was dripping off my head. So, I went home and finished 4 more on the treadmill. It felt good to take a hot bath and rest. Later that evening, Joyce and John came over for dinner and they started an Advent activity with the boys. We played a board game that Joyce made. The boys had fun!

This should be an enjoyable week. I get to take Connor and Parker to school 3 days this week and stay and help decorate gingerbread houses with Connor on Thursday. More pictures to follow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.