Monday, February 13, 2012

i'm #2 favorite

Last night was a rough bedtime. We came home from dinner and the boys were in bed by 8:15pm. That's a little earlier than normal, but we had been out and about all day so I knew they were tired. My goal was to get 45 minutes on the treadmill before watching Desperate Housewives. I was able to run 2 miles before Connor was out there and couldn't find asleep. I gave him his iPod so he could watch a show and fall asleep. No sooner did I turn on that tv and I heard weeping. I tried to ignore it. I got louder. I still tried to ignore it...9:10pm, the tv was turned off and I had a 6 year old in bed with me.

Connor: Mommy, I miss Daddy. He is #1 favorite person in this family.
Me: Let's call Daddy and leave a message.
Connor: Why can't you go to the Army so Daddy can stay with us.

ugh... Poor guy just wants his Daddy.

For no Daddy, I pretty much rocked this weekend solo. We had a 5k race, baseball practice, church, birthday party, and dinner play date!

I straightened Janey's hair because I wanted to see how long it was.
She was a good sport.

Hey Coach, stop telling the kids to go play catch with their dad.
I told Connor next week I'd talk in a deeper voice.

This isn't Spider Man, this is Parker and Johnston's birthday party.
We jumped at Jumpy's. Needless to say, we had face paint everywhere by the end of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.