I realize I am becoming the blogger that I didn't want to be: the one who sends out the address to everyone and then never updates the site! Well, I promise I will de a better job and keeping this current. A lot has happened in the past two weeks. I accepted a new job at UD and will start that on Monday. I will now be the Assistant Registrar for Curriciulum Development. This is a position that I have wanted for a little over a year so it was a great start to the new year.
We said "see you later" to Nick yesterday at the airport. He will be in Ft. Bliss for a month before heading to Cuba. He will set up his base in Cuba with missions outside of the country. Saying goodbye with the kids at the airport has probably been the hardest thing I've done in my life, to date. It's a bag of mixed emotions. Travelers all around us were saying thank you, giving hugs and even crying. It was very overwhelming. The kids knew what was going on. They cried. I was numb from any emotion until the plan pulled up. There is a part of me that doesnt want to be sad because I am so proud of Nick. Then there is a selfish part of me that didn't want to quit hugging him. My heart aches for my children. There's no worse feeling of having hurt hearts and not being able to fix the pain. I can't make promises and I can't change the situation. I just have to keep giving lots of love and hugs.
I am going to share some photos on here this week. I didn't post these photos of Facebook. I wanted to share them on here but they are very personal. They are the photos that show the real and raw emotion of how everyone felt the day Nick left. It's hard to think about it but it's always very special to have pictures that we can look at that show just how much his love embraces all of his children and myself. Nick truly is amazing.
Josalyn has been playing indoor soccer. Connor has indoor baseball beginning this weekend and Parker and Connor will both start swimming lessons soon. I am trying to keep up with Crossfit and a few days of running. We are trying to stay on our normal routine...we run at one speed and that is CRAZY!
We are moving ahead and counting down the days...399 to go!
Wednesday, February 8, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.