A few weeks ago I had a Vo2Max test done. The great part about working at UD is the Health and Sport Science department and their need to have "real-life" subjects. That's where I come in. The Vo2Max test is a test conducted to determine an athlete's capacity to perform sustained exercise and is linked to anaerobic endurance. The test told me the amount of oxygen that I utilize during an intense workout. The test also makes my running a reality. There are some things that will never happen simply based on genetics. This test is now my proof. So, while I won't be competing in any Olympic races or winning the Boston Marathon, I can still try to work towards my own personal goals. After I completed the Vo2Max test, they recommended I do the bodpod (http://www.bodpod.com/). A person can step on any scale and your weight will appear. While most people really focus on the number (including myself), the more important thing to focus on the the fat index versus lean muscle max. The bodpod determines those numbers. From those results and the Vo2Max test, I will be able to create workouts that will help with my running endurance as well as lose fat instead of muscle. I am pleased with the preliminary results but once I get the final report you can bet your dollars that I will have a new goal for the next 6 months. Although, Dr. V did tell me it could take 8-12 months to shed the body fat. Anyway, I had the GA take a picture of me in the bodpod because I thought it was funny. I laugh at some of the crazy things I sign up for.
Wednesday, November 17, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.