Wednesday, September 1, 2010

how fast we forget...

As most of you probably know, I have been training for a marathon in January with a half marathon is 2 weeks and a 10 miler in October. As as I running on the treadmill this evening (88 degrees outside), my mind was drifting back to my very first race. I can't even remember when I started actually running. It hasn't been that long ago. Connor was already born. I can't remember why I started running or where I went running! When I came home I started to look through pictures of my first race. BOY oh BOY! There are a lot of things wrong with that picture! I ran in pants and a cotton shirt. I also was at least 25 pounds heavier. I'm surprised I didn't die of a heart attack. I can't even begin to think about the shoes I was probably wearing. Now, as I sit here and laugh about how little I actually knew about the sport of running, I won't forget the feeling of accomplishment I had as I crossed that finish line. Weeks after that race was over (if you even want to call it a race) I was shouting it to anyone who would listen. I was so proud.

This week I have been really hard on myself. I really feel like I let myself down in that triathlon and all I can think about is how I won't let that happen again. I am really looking forward to the next two weeks and training harder than I ever have for this half marathon. I hope to shed some time off of my last time. Our marathon in January will just be icing on the cake! I've already talked Nick into the next marathon next May!

So, here's to the next race... staying POSITIVE and finishing with that great feeling I had after my very first race!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.