The past two weeks have been hectic! My boss quit with ZERO notice during (what I thought would be) our "slow" season. That slow time quickly was filled with last minute tasks that required me working through my lunch, at home after the kids went to bed and often in the morning before we left. I'm setteling into my new routine and responsibilities. I haven't had as much time to blog so I will just give some updates:
Nick has been planning his "mancation" to Germany to visit friends. He had the choice to go in July or September. I think he decided on the last weekend in September...obvious reasons for any of those who have ever heard of Octoberfest. He had drill last weekend and this weekend he has wrestling. I think a little 5 year old has been twisting his arm to ride the bus. That will be one less child to entertain on Friday evening.
Besides work being crazy, I have slowed down my running mileage. This was perfect timing because the first of the year is packed with all of the people who made New Year resolutions. Josalyn and I have been running on the track. I think I average about 20-25 miles a week. Before the race it was anywhere from 45-55. I also started teaching a strength training class on Tuesday nights. It is a FULL house! I love it. I have really enjoyed creating the work outs and working with Nick on routines and target training.
Josalyn is in the middle of her indoor soccer season. The off season is a little more laid back. Laid back means she only has practice every Saturday and a game every Sunday with a tournament planned for every weekend in April. Last weekend she scored three goals. The last goal was in the last 30 seconds of the game and they were tied 6-6.
Connor has been watching ninja movies all week and just walked out and asked me if I would by him "mum-a-chucks". Connor will have skate practice on Saturday afternoon. I am looking forward to this time every week to just get to hang out with my buddy! As always, Connor has been working on his invitiation list for his birthday, the gifts he wants, and the location of this party. Good thing we have until August...
Parker just goes with the flow and travels wherever we need to go. He is signed up for preschool next year and we are constantly working on colors, counting and shapes. Parker is very good at testing my patience and "tricking" me to think he hasn't learned anything. He also recently took an interest in the TV. I am now stuck in front of Nick Jr all evening. There are worse things, I guess.
Maggie, Trigger and MeeyMeey (the guninea pig) are just happy to have a warm home and food in their dishes. They never complain, demand much or even make messes that I constantly have to clean up. I think we will keep them.
As always, I am thankful for all the gifts God has given us and the opportunities we have been given to enjoy so much around us. There are moments where I just stop to think about how great life is. I wish there was more time in the day to do everything we want to do. Instead or wishing for more time, we will continue to cram in as much as we can and enjoy every minute.
Looking forward to the weekend - painting projects to complete!
Thursday, January 27, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.